Monday 13 January 2014

CHRISTIAN RONALDO WINS FIFA BALLON D'OR


 After more than 200 goals, 5 years and world class effort, Ronaldo has won the Fifa ballon d'or.
'An emotional Cristiano Ronaldo is crowned Ballon d'Or winner for the first time since 2008.
''There are no words to describe this moment,' Ronaldo said, wiping away tears.
''I want to thank all my colleagues and companions at Real Madrid, in the Portuguese team and my family who are here with me.

''Those who know me, know that many people help me: my manager, our President, and I don't want to forget to mention Eusebio. My girlfriend and my son. I am deeply moved.'
The FIFA shortlist consisted of 5 years running winner Lionel Messi and Bayern Frank Ribery, but with a wonderful 2013 statistics, Ronaldo arguably deserves it, i say arguably because some say it should have gone to Ribery because of the treble he won with his club Bayern.

Congrats Ronaldo.

2 comments:

Have something to say? Drop a Comment