Wednesday 29 January 2014

Apology: Drunk Manchester United Fan Who Dialled 999 After Poor Result Sends His Apology.


The Manchester United fan who rang 999 to speak to Sir Alex Ferguson has apologised. After United crashed out of the Capital One Cup semi-final to Sunderland last week, 56-year-old Martin Davies rang the police and demanded to speak to Sir Alex Ferguson to persuade him to return to the dugout and replace David Moyes. Now Davies, who was drunk at the time, has explained his actions.

He told the Sunderland Echo: 'I was watching the game with a couple of friends. One of them was a Manchester City fan so I was getting a bit boisterous. I guess I was goaded into ringing.
'It was a spur of the moment thing. I was upset as I’ve been a fan since I was six.
'They’ve become so erratic it’s almost criminal. So I rang 999.
'I wanted to speak to Sir Alex to get him to come back and sort them out. But I knew there was no point in calling Old Trafford so I thought I’d ring the police.
'I guess I made an error. I mean they could’ve arrested me for wasting police time.'
Greater Manchester Police have now advised Manchester United supporters not to ring 999 if they want to speak to Sir Alex Ferguson.

If you missed the post about the call, enjoy, very funny....

3 comments:

  1. Funny guy. Imagine calling 9ja Police to speak to steven keshi. Bulala

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's so funny though.

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say? Drop a Comment