Friday 14 March 2014

Angelina Jolie Reveals-'There's still another surgery to have' The actress will go under the knife to prevent Ovarian cancer.

The super mum and actress has revealed she plans to have further surgery in a bid to prevent herself developing cancer.
The star had both breasts removed last year after tests showed she carries the BRCA1 gene, meaning her chances of contracting both breast and ovarian cancer are very high.
'There’s still another surgery to have, which I haven’t yet,'
I’ll get advice from all these wonderful people who I’ve been talking to, to get through that next stage.'
Angelina, 38, is expected to have a hysterectomy and an oophorectomy, where the ovaries are removed, to combat her raised odds of developing ovarian cancer, which stand at 50 per cent. 
Speaking to EW she explained that she was overwhelmed by the support she was offered after revealing her secret mastectomy.
She said: 'I was very, very moved by all the support and kindness from so many people.'

She explained: 'Wherever I go, usually I run into women and we talk about health issues, women's issues, breast cancer, ovarian cancer. I've talked to men about their daughters' and wives' health.
'It makes me feel closer to other people who deal with the same things and have either lost their parents or are considering surgeries or wondering about their children.'


In the same interview Angelina explained why her four-year-old daughter Vivienne was cast in her new movie Maleficent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Drop a Comment