Wednesday 9 July 2014

Alleged Drug Dealer Arrested At Muritala Mohammed International Airport Lagos Before Boarding Flight

Nriagwu Augustine Ifeanyi, a 34-year-old drug suspect was arrested by operatives of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA), yesterday, July 7, 2014 with 1.370 Kg of cocaine at the Muritala Mohammed International Airport, Lagos.

Mr. Nriagwu, who was arrested while attempting to board a Turkish airline flight at the departure hall of the airport, had reportedly hid two parcels of drugs inside his laptop bag.

Speaking on the arrest, the NDLEA commander stationed at the Lagos airport, Hamza Umar, says the suspect could have successfully transported the drugs to South Sudan upon arrival in Turkey had he not been apprehended.Mr. Umar said, “The suspect was found with two parcels of cocaine industrially hidden by the sides of his laptop bag. He was detected on his way to Turkey from where he would have proceeded to South Sudan. The drug tested positive for cocaine and weighed 1.370kg.”


The suspect from Anambra state said that he smuggled the drug hoping to receive a sum of 3,500 dollars which he intended using for his family’s upkeep.“I wanted to use the 3,500 dollars they promise to pay me to take care of my personal problems. I relocated to South Sudan in January 2013. I am married with a child but I am unable to care for my family due to financial constraint. Nobody wants to help me and the only way out for me was to smuggle the drugs. This was how I got involved”.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Drop a Comment